Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December Challenge, Day 18: The last time I laughed so much I almost peed my pants?

The last time I laughed so much I almost peed my pants? That's easy. It was a one man play I saw recently: "Espinete no existe" (Espinete doesn't exist)

Espinete is a Spanish character of the 80s local version of the Sesame Street tv show. Sesame Street always has the same puppets (dubbed in each local language), but the "live" characters are always local actors, and that includes the life-size man-in-custome types such a Big Bird, or Elmo... In Spain they were "Caponata" (a big chicken) and "Espinete" who was a pink porcupine...

In any case, the show is all about nostalgia, about being a child in the late 70s and early 80s... About taking a trip down our collective memories and take a look at our childhood, with a lot of humor!

I had already seen it, but wanted to share it with someone who I thought would appreciate it, as we were classmates and share a lot of common memories, and she definitely did...

Even though I had seen it before, I also laughed myself silly... It was great fun! Again!

No comments:

Post a Comment