Saturday, December 8, 2012

December Challenge. Day 7: Think about the here and now. What matters most to you right now? How are you going to nurture it during 2013?

When I think about what I want in my life... what is important for me in the long run... My daughters, family and friends always top the list, as I guess it's the case with everyone of us...

Then would come health, of course... Love -finding it or making it last- and then, finally, economic well being/affluence/wealth... 

We all want the same things, we may vary the order, but all of them add up to what we expect to render that elusive concept called "happiness"

Concentrating on the here and now, however,  If I must choose the one thing I have in my present thoughts, I have to say it is my new job, my new venture, my new life project.  It is really not an end in itself, but a road to finding a new me, as well as -of course- a new way to make a living...

Succeeding with this project won't necessarily make me happier, but I believe the process of making my vision come a reality will... It will also not affect my relationship with my daughters, family or friends, but in turn it will -hopefully- affect my relationship with myself, which is in fact the ultimate goal...

The result -I hope- will bring about a healthier me, and also help me attain a certain affluence... which will also positively affect my daughters and allow me the luxury of visiting family and friends who live far away... Love, of course, is a different matter...

How to nurture this project in 2013? Well... By putting all my eggs in this one basket! By betting all to this one hand! By giving it my all!

But mostly, by remembering that this is a long race, a marathon...  and as in all marathons, when you start you don't question the fact that you will finish... you just try to figure out how long it will take you to finish... and keep going ´till you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment